Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh, what fun it is...

...to be eight months pregnant, at home with a two-year-old, and on crutches. That's right, on crutches. Yesterday afternoon, I slipped going down our back stairs outside because of the rain and banged up my ankle pretty good. It's HUGE. I saw a doctor about it today, but all they can really tell me is that they "think" it's not broken. They can't do an X-ray on me because of the baby. No kidding, this conversation happened...

Dr: When's you're due date?
Me: October 11th.
Dr: If your ankle is still giving you problems after the baby's born, then you can come back and we'll do an X-ray.

Seriously. If I walk around on a broken foot for a month, I may just hack it off myself. Good grief!

5 comments:

  1. All, I can say to that is.....bummer. Hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I'm so sorry!!! How crazy that they can't do anything! I'll be praying for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love modern science. I'm sure its a better idea for you to be on crutches! Please don't fall on those. Hope you all are doing well. We only have about 8 weeks left and I can't wait for it to be over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...I am so sorry! That stinks!!!

    ReplyDelete