Monday, October 5, 2009

One from the road

It has been a whirlwind since John returned home. Two days after he landed in Louisiana, we hit the road to visit all the family he hadn't had the pleasure of seeing since we were in Tennessee last Christmas. We spent a week in Clarksville with Granny Norma, and now, we're living it up in our new log cabin-esque pumpkin room at my parents' house. (I say log cabin-esque, because the bed is a pine bunk bed and it still smells very piney.)

Neely has transformed into a toddler in the last couple of weeks. First, she's gotten to be pretty amazing at this walking business now. That still blows my mind. And within a single day last week, she picked up a few new words. In addition to Mama and Dada, she can now say "Hanky," "Uh-oh," and "Peek-a-boo!" It's adorable. And I finally have video to share. Voila!

2 comments:

  1. About time! Just kidding. I was waiting for a video of her talking and now I have one!! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie pie! I love the peek-a-boo!

    ReplyDelete