Friday, October 16, 2009

Two Dollars

The last Saturday we were at my parents’ house, my dad returned from his morning run telling me about three garage sales he passed. He and I put our shoes on to go check them out (I in my pajamas), as my mother and husband groaned and rolled their eyes. As we exited, my mom called, “Don’t buy any junk!”

There was lots of good junk out there that day, but I had to think in terms of what I could pack in the car for the drive to Louisiana the next day without making John too mad at me. See that bad boy in the middle? That monstrosity of a jar? I picked that up for $2. When I brought it back, my mom asked the million-dollar question: “What are you going to do with it?”


I thought it would look neat full of glass ornaments at Christmas, but in the meantime, it’s storing the only thing in our house that requires a container of its size and stature – Goldfish. I’ve stuck an old china teacup in there to scoop them out. I just love getting to use pretty things for boring tasks. I think I got the idea from a Country Living magazine.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE it!!!! And what a steal - go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!! And a great buy. Can't beat that and then the fish are fresh :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot to mention that I got the Pondmaster Mag-Drive Utility Pump ($40 retail), almost new, still in the box, for TWO DOLLARS also!!! Life is good. What am I going to do with it?! Time will tell...do you need it for your goldfish bowl?

    ReplyDelete