Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Plates are no longer for eating.


They're for decorating that random space in the living room where I hung my giant lemonade painting too low. For months, every time I've looked at that wall, I have thought, "I need to rehang that picture." Instead, I found an empty frame in the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby, collected a couple of mismatched plates from Tuesday Morning and T.J. Maxx, and voila! I no longer have to move the giant picture. And if you're wondering how I magically hung plates without the plate hangers showing, it's because I hot glued a safety pin to each of their backsides and hung that on a nail. And that's about as rebellious as I get, folks.

3 comments:

  1. I love the safety pin idea! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a neat idea! You have a good eye for these things. I'd have never thought of that!

    Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete