Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkins


The time of year has come for choosing the perfect pumpkin. As a child, I remember this being an event I both anticipated and dreaded. I loved picking out my pumpkin, but it was a meticulous process, as my father was very discriminating when it came to our pumpkins. This has apparently rubbed off on me. There were very few pumpkins in the patch that I thought worthy of coming home with us. Aidan and I wandered through the sea of orange, while John and Neely waited in the shade of the single tree on the lot. In the end, I think we came away with some good ones. I'll share photos of those once they've been transformed into Jack-O-Lanterns. For now, I have pictures of Aidan making his selection...










...and of the tiny pie pumpkin he chose for Neely.



1 comment:

  1. Did Mr. Earl yell at Aidan for climbing on the pumpkins?! That's where your dread comes from! I was just trying to find the perfect pumpkin for the perfect holiday, where for one night you get to be anyone you want to be, a hula dancer, a witch, or––a LEAF! Besides, pumpkin selection becomes much easier as you age––oh, look, there's an orange one...

    ReplyDelete