Saturday, March 28, 2009

I did it!

I did not turn on my computer all day yesterday! Here's how it went down...

I really didn't have a problem in the morning. I usually check my e-mail before leaving the house, but we were running right on time (for once) to get Aidan to class, so it didn't bother me at all not to stop and log on.

Neely and I stayed out running errands until lunch, so I didn't think about it at all while we were out.

Normally on a day like this, I'd have checked in with the internet world at lunch, but instead, I fed Neely and myself, and then I laid on the bed with her while she babbled at me for a while.

When considering what to do with Aidan once we got him back into the equation, I considered taking him to a movie. I had a panic moment. How do I find out what time the movie is showing if I can't get online? I got out the yellow pages and called, yes, called, the movie theater. Did you know that they no longer have those recordings with the dramatic announcer voice reading movie times? Nope, they don't. A real live person answered the phone, and I had to ask her what time Monsters v. Aliens was playing. I could hear her fellow ticket sales employee person snickering in the background. Oh, well. And after all that, I decided not to try a movie. I didn't want Neely getting restless and having to drag a rapt Aidan out of the movie theater.

Instead, we played with construction paper, scissors, glue, and crayons for the afternoon. We had lots of fun, even though it was drizzly and yucky outside.

After the kids were in bed later, when I usually check up on things for the final time, I relaxed on the couch with John instead. All in all, it was good. I thought about getting on the computer, but I really didn't have a difficult time finding something better to do. I should probably do that more often...or at least limit myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment