Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Homework Assignment

Last Friday, it was Meet and Greet day at Aidan's new preschool. We got to see his classroom, meet his teachers, and find out a little bit more about what preschool will be like. When we left, Aidan was given a posterboard "A" to decorate and bring back for the first day of class. He was allowed to decorate it however he wanted, but one of their suggestions was to put things on it that start with the letter "A." After a trip to the sticker aisle at Michael's, Aidan decided to decorate his with animals.

For the first step, he painted it. He was being so careful and concentrating very hard.

Aidan could hardly contain himself waiting for the paint to dry. He wanted to put the stickers on it so badly. I thought he wasn't going to take his nap, he was so excited. Every three minutes, I'd hear him whisper-yell to me, "Is it time to get up yet?" Finally, he slept, and he got to add the stickers after he woke up.

Again, this was serious business. He's been finished for a while now, but he still periodically asks me if he can check on his "A." I have to reassure him that it looks the same as it did when he finished it, and we will remember to take it to class in the morning. It's his first day! I can't believe he's old enough for preschool.

And to be an equal-opportunity mommy, here's a picture of my Neely, too.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's going to preschool already?! They start them early!! He looks so cute painting his little letter. Neely is of course adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These views are like seeing his father three years old again. And our little girl is precious, too. And do I see more obvious hair now?

    ReplyDelete