Friday, September 4, 2009

Just for kicks...

...and because I was thinking about it this morning, I'm re-sharing my post from last September 4th. I was having one of those I-can't-believe-my-baby-girl-is-going-to-be-one-in-two-weeks moments, and I thought, "What was I doing this time last year?" Oh, yes. Breaking my ankle...


"Oh, what fun it is to be eight months pregnant, at home with a two-year-old, and on crutches. That's right, on crutches. Yesterday afternoon, I slipped going down our back stairs outside because of the rain and banged up my ankle pretty good. It's HUGE. I saw a doctor about it today, but all they can really tell me is that they "think" it's not broken. They can't do an X-ray on me because of the baby. No kidding, this conversation happened...

Dr: When's you're due date?
Me: October 11th.
Dr: If your ankle is still giving you problems after the baby's born, then you can come back and we'll do an X-ray.

Seriously. If I walk around on a broken foot for a month, I may just hack it off myself. Good grief!"


And if you'd like to relive the hilarity of Aidan making fun of me with a broken ankle, click here.

2 comments:

  1. That first year with our babies goes much too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time really does fly. I am sure you are enjoying this year much more than the last.

    ReplyDelete