Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Cake Balls

Some of you may remember that last year, I made Bakerella's Santa Hat Cake Pops for one of my kids' Christmas parties. They were so yummy, so when it came time for our Christmas party at church last weekend, I decided to make cake balls. Same concept, with no stick, and no trying to make cones out of cake. The balls are much easier.

You can check out Bakerella's post on making cake balls here. Or you can get her cookbook, Cake Pops.

Anyway, I used her basic cake ball recipe, with red velvet cake, and covered them with red candy coating, drizzled some green on top, and added sprinkles! Come on. Who doesn't love sprinkles? If you want them to be even more Christmassy and super awesome, add a couple drops of peppermint oil flavoring (mine came in a pack with four different flavors in the baking aisle at Michael's) to that green candy. Yum!

11 comments:

  1. those look dee-LISH. I had cake balls for the very first time last week and they sort of blew my mind...also they had Bailey's in them for a little kick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delish and I bet they are even tastier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these were so good!!! I'm glad I know you so I was able to eat these and not just drool!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was just wondering how do you make the flavoring to the cake pops??? I want to make peppermint cake pops what do I use to make the flavor??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used peppermint oil that you use to flavor candy and added it to the candy coating, not the cake. It's really strong, so you only need a couple of drops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you use the candy melt to drizzle over the top (green)and do you put it into a frosting decorater to drizzle?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do use candy melt. I may have used a squeeze bottle for those, but I've made some since where I just used a Ziploc baggie with the corner snipped off. The end result is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've tried to use food coloring to make white candy bard red and it just ended up pink, sticky, and gummy :( what am i doing wrong? can you buy it red at michael's?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried to color the candy bark. I buy it already colored from Michael's or Joann.

    ReplyDelete