Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Bread


Last week, I made pumpkin bread. I shared a picture on Instagram and gave some to the kids' teachers, and I've had several requests for the recipe. This comes from Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook.

Pumpkin Bread
(Yields 2 regular loaves or 9-10 mini loaves)

3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil (I used 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce instead)
4 eggs
2 cups canned pumpkin
2/3 cup water
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (I leave these out)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two loaf pans. Mix sugar and oil with mixer. Add eggs and blend. Add pumpkin and blend. Add water and blend. Combine remaining ingredients and add slowly. Fill pans equally and bake for 1 hour (less for mini loaves - mine were done in 45 minutes) or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment