Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Neely Lately



I realized earlier today that it's been a little while since I've given a good Neely update. She's getting so big! She's fast approaching 19 pounds. She's a champion crawler. She definitely holds her own against Aidan now, and she loves to explore our house. She's awesome at finding fun things to put in her mouth!

Neely is also trying to stand pretty frequently now. And when she's feeling really brave, she lets go for a few seconds. I'm not really encouraging her to learn to walk just yet. I'm not ready for it! I want to prolong baby phase as much as I can.

She's also started to eat table food. I haven't given her a single thing that she didn't like yet. So far, she's eaten blueberry muffins, oatmeal, a cinnamon roll, strawberries, grapes, mandarin oranges, biscuits, crescent rolls, lasagna, chicken pie, green beans, cheese, lunchmeat, and baked chicken. She already has a longer list of approved foods than Aidan, and we've really only been doing this for a few days. It's so exciting to have a child that eats!

The only other big thing I can think of that's happened lately is talking. She's been saying Mama for a while, and something that sounds like "Yeah." But lately, she's starting saying "baba" when she wants her bottle. She can say "Dada," but she doesn't very often. Once or twice, I thought she said "Hanky." And she's said "bye bye" a couple of times. Cutie cute cute.

5 comments:

  1. OH!! She can't be standing! I agree, keep her a baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not biased. She is beautiful and has the most precious personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just precious and getting so big! I can't believe how fast time goes by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so great!! Yay for being able to feed a kid!

    ReplyDelete