Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pickled Okra


Yesterday evening, I tried my hand at pickling for the first time. It was so easy! Now that I've gotten the hang of the canning process, I was able to whip these out in about half an hour. What did I pickle? Okra. Don't worry, Stef. Two of these jars have your name on them. I've even taste tested them already, and they are good!

I didn't really photo-chronicle this canning adventure, since I was also preparing to fix dinner. If anybody's interested in the recipe, you can e-mail me. The cookbook says you can substitute green beans if you're not into okra. I may have to try that out, for curiosity's sake.

5 comments:

  1. I gasped out loud when I saw the title of this post! I'm so excited! Do I have to come to Shreveport to get my picked okra? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...holding your okra ransom...not a bad idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will it give me away as a Northern girl if I tell you I've never had okra, pickled or otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were "preparing to fix" dinner? Not "preparing" dinner or "fixing" dinner? Sorry ... couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete