Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ice Cream Party

For Neely's second birthday, we had an ice cream party. I found these adorable invitations by Lilly Mae Designs on Etsy. Digital cards are wonderful! She had the file to me within 24 hours, and I was able to order and pick them up wherever I wanted.

Here's the party setup. I've been seeing these tissue paper flowers on party blogs everywhere, and I decided to try them out. You can check out the tutorial by Martha Stewart here. I did not end up cutting the ends into points to look more like petals. I tried on the first one, and not only did it look crazy, but it was hard! I may just have a bad pair of scissors, but trying to cut through all those layers of tissue just didn't work out. And to give credit where credit is due, I also did not do the "fluffing." On the one I made, I ripped more than I fluffed, so my mom and aunts are actually responsible for making the flowers happen.


The drinks were a snap. Bottled water, self-explanatory. The pink punch? One can of pink lemonade concentrate, then add equal parts white grape juice and lemon-lime soda. My favorite part of our drink setup was the ice, though. Isn't it pretty? That bowl was $2 at a yard sale. 



I can honestly say that the food for this party was the easiest I've ever done. I just set out all our favorite ice cream toppings in pretty trays, and voila! Instant party. It was really easy to clean up, too. And I think the kids enjoyed it.

We didn't even have a cake. I just stuck a big candle in the top of Neely's ice cream sundae. Of course, the picture of her blowing out her candle didn't turn out, but here she is opening gifts!


And here Neely is again, about 30 minutes after the party ended. She was one sleepy girl.





1 comment:

  1. super cute audra!!! i think I am gonna have to use this idea in the future!!! i love it.....especially the fact that you only need a small ice cream parlor!!!

    ReplyDelete