Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Those of you who know my laundry drama of late will understand why I have posted a picture of my WORKING DRYER on my blog. For those who don't, the short version is that over the last six months, we burned out the motor on our old dryer (which wasn't really even that old, actually) by running it on an outlet that was putting out too much voltage. This is the shiny new dryer plugged into the outlet that the electrician fixed this afternoon. It has now run for over 40 minutes, which is twice as long as the old one would go on the crazy voltage. I am now able to dry a load of laundry all at once, rather than at random intervals throughout the day. Hooray! Now I must attack the mountain that has accumulated in the absence of a working dryer. I've never been so excited about doing laundry in my life, nor am I likely to be ever again.