Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lil' Turkey


I got a little crafty today, and I'm very proud of my handiwork. On Sunday, Christina and I painted t-shirts with our teenage gals, and I was inspired to make Thanksgiving shirts for the kids. I went to Joann's and chose a few festive colors last night. I cut out feathers, circles for the turkey's body, and a little beak from the fabric. I used Stitch Witchery to attach the pieces to a little onesie for Neely. (I have oodles of these white ones, so I figured if this turned out as a disaster, it wasn't a huge loss.) I glued on some googly eyes and traced all the pieces in coordinating colors of shiny fabric paint. Then, I did the lettering on the bottom by hand. I think that's the only thing that I would change. Next time, I'll probably buy some of those printable iron-ons and do the lettering on the computer so it looks more uniform. Now, I need to do one for Aidan. Should it say "lil' turkey" too, or should I write "big turkey" on his?

No comments:

Post a Comment